Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIANCE, AUTO AND TRUCK,FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Chrysler Pacifica I have 2004 Pacifica the heater control

Customer Question

I have 2004 Pacifica the heater control will not change the air flow to the front window defrost or to the floor, it is stuck in the middle position and only blows into th interior. This Just happened as the tempature dropped to -25C the switch stopped working. Is something just iced up.... can it be repaired . or what would need to be replaced. What would be an estimated cost of repair.

Thanks
Henry
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 years ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX everything else work on the heater control?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

At -20C I can't tell if it is blowing 15C or 25C not sure if it is going up or down but it is blowing warm air.

the lights work..... indicates by the arrow that it is blowing on the floor etc. but does not

thhe fan speed goes up and down

when pushing the defost button the fan speed seems to go down

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 years ago.
ok, then this is caused by a bad accuator motor on the heater box, if the display says its on defrost but it only comes out the dash, then the acuator is bad, it is common on these, the accuator bolts to the heater box and controls the flaps for the air flow,Tim
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is the heater box still under the passengers side dash is this a fix I could do myself bieng mechanicaly inclined and don't want to wait days for scheduled appointments.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 years ago.
the heater box is under both sides, the accuator is on the driverside, if you remove the kick panel under the drivers side you will see it, i will post a picture of it below, it is labeled the mode door acuator,Tim
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 years ago.
graphic