How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tim West Your Own Question
Tim West
Tim West, ASE Certified Technician
Category: Chrysler
Satisfied Customers: 4638
Experience:  ASE certified Service Manager
Type Your Chrysler Question Here...
Tim West is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do you replace an EGR valve in a 1999 Plymouth Voyager (3.3L)?

This answer was rated:

How do you replace an EGR valve in a 1999 Plymouth Voyager (3.3L)?
Thanks for visiting Just Answer,

The EGR valve and Electrical EGR Transducer are serviced as an assembly.


EGR System

  1. Disconnect vacuum tube from electric EGR transducer. Inspect vacuum tube for damage.
  2. Remove electrical connector from solenoid.
  3. Remove EGR valve bolts from intake manifold.
  4. Open EGR transducer clip and remove electric EGR transducer.
  5. Remove EGR valve from intake manifold.
  6. Clean gasket surface and discard old gasket. Check for any signs of leakage or cracked surfaces. Repair or replace as necessary.


  1. Assemble EGR valve with new gasket onto the intake manifold.
  2. Install mounting bolts. Tighten bolts to 22 Nm (200 in. lbs.) torque.
  3. Install electric EGR transducer in clip with orientation tab in slot and snap closed.
  4. Reconnect vacuum hose and electrical connector to electrical EGR transducer.
Tim West and 7 other Chrysler Specialists are ready to help you