sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

My car alarm goes off when I open the door, every time

Customer Question

My car alarm goes off when I open the door, every time. How can I make this stop?_
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

What model is your vehicle?

Is it the factory alarm that is going off?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

2002

yes it is the factory alarm

The year of your vehicle did come through in your first post, but not the model. What model is your vehicle?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Intrepid

Ok great.

On the back of the lock cylinder in each door that has one there is a microswitch. This switch is wired to the body control module and tells it to disarm the factory security when you have entered through the door.

If the alarm no longer disarms when you unlock the driver's door with the key then the lock cylinder switch in that door is likely the problem. Replacing it would involve removing the door panel and removing the switch from the back of the lock cylinder and replacing it.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
How can I get in my car without this alarm going off every time. we do not have the remote.
You're going to have to fix the problem that is making the alarm go off when you get in. Like I explained yesterday there is a switch on the back of the lock cylinder that should disarm the alarm when you unlock the door. If it won't disarm by putting the key in the door and unlocking it then this switch is likely bad and will need to be replaced.