Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My drivers side window will not go back up

My driver's side window will...
My driver's side window will not go back up. I had it repaired a month ago for over $250 but they said button was just jammed. I can't afford another bill that high. How do I unjam the button and get the window back up?
6/29/2010
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX the button physically jammed down??? can you see it jammed?
No it doesn't looked jam from inside car. It will go up and down and I just hear a slight click but nothing happens. Mechanic said it was jammed when he got inside the door.
If its not physically jammed, then its going to be inside the switch, and it will probably happen again soon, you should replace the switch instead of trying to repair it again, but it may not be in the switch, do you have a test lite or voltmeter, I can help you diagnose this/
No I don't have a test lite or voltmeter.
If you can get a test light, they are only about 10 dollars at the parts store, i will help you figure this out, can you do this?
Yes, I can do this but won't be able to get back online to you until later this evening if I go get one. Is the switch hard to replace on my own?
No it is easy, i will post the procedure below,Tim

REMOVAL

1. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.

Fig.4 Power Window Switch

1. Using a trim stick, start at the bottom of the switch and bezel assembly and pry up to remove the switch and bezel assembly from the door trim panel.
  2. Unlatch the locking tab on the harness side connector of the switch.
  3. Disconnect wire harness connectors from switch.

INSTALLATION

1. Reconnect wire harness connector to switch.
  2. Insert switch into door trim panel and press into place.
  3. Reconnect battery negative cable.

Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Thanks, I'll accept the answer as soon as you post the procedure for me. Thanks so much for your time and help!
I have posted it above,Tim