Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2001 sebring: engine light came..gears..all fluids, no burning smell…

Customer Question
2001 sebring convertible: parked car...
2001 sebring convertible: parked car saturday afternoon and all was fine. started up 2 hrs later and engine light came on and car will not shift up through the gears. checked all fluids, no burning smell in transmission and no hard shifting prior to this happening.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Chrysler
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/28/2010
Chrysler Mechanic: brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
brownjeff
brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Chat Conversation Started
brownjeff :

If the light is on there should be a code in the computer. Do you have any codes?

Customer:

I am unable to retrieve codes

brownjeff :

Have you tried to turn the key on and off three times to see if any show up? Is there a parts store near by as they will normally check for free?

Customer:

I did not know about turning the key off and on. What do I need to do?

brownjeff :

Turn it on and off three times. Do not crank the engine and leave it on the last time and watch the odometer for code numbers. It will look like this: ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON

Customer:

Ok will do, is there anywhere I can then search the code number to see the problem?

brownjeff :

If you get the number I can tell you what the number means

Customer:

I will not be able till after 6:30 pm this evening.

brownjeff :

That is fine just reply when you get the code. I will reply as soon as I can after getting the information from you

Customer:

Thank you

brownjeff :

no worries.....talk to ya soon