Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2005 chrysler: fine gear shift will not move what coul this be…

Customer Question
2005 chrysler starts up fine...
2005 chrysler starts up fine gear shift will not move what coul this be?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Chrysler
6/25/2010
Chrysler Mechanic: Ricardo Hohl, Master Certified Tech replied 8 years ago
Ricardo Hohl
Ricardo Hohl, Master Certified Tech
hi this is cause by the shifter lock stuck on lock mode try pressing on the brakes see if the shifter clicks or makes any sounds let me know, with the key to on.
Car is six miles away drove over pressed on the brakes with ignitionkey on no noises heard
ok, if you don't hear the solenoid clicking then you have no power going to the solenoid this can be the cause of a bad fuse or a bad brake switch , the brake switch sends a power to the solenoid to release the shifter solenoid and if the fuse is ok then you will need a brake light switch.