Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Whole interior was stripped..chassis..power locks..local mechanic…

Customer Question
Took car to a car...
Took car to a car wash for complete interior cleaning, whole interior was stripped down to chassis. After the car was returned I noted that power locks were weak (I could hear the click but they would not go down completely, and would not go up even though I hear the click).   I took it to a local mechanic who disassembleded the driver side door, and did testing for current in the wires in the left door; the power lock switch was found to be working ok and did have current, and even the wires going to the lock were found to have current. Both on battery (no key in the ignition) and with key in ignition.   But later on strange thing happened, we could no longer get current with just the battery (unless key was in the ignition).   Also mirrors control buttons stopped working, the trunk release button stopped working, radio stopped working (no power), the dashboard light stopped working (it turns the dashboard background light on when headlights are on), the front lights are doing a weird thing because when turned on, one is on low beam and other on high beam, when put on high beam it's reversed, the one which was low beam is now on high beam and the one which was on high beam is now on low beam.   Also, after the car was started (it happened 3 times than it stopped) the passenger window started to go down without pushing any buttons.   Also, after the key is removed from the ignition, the mileage stays on for a while (15-20 seconds) then NO BUS message comes on for about 4-5 seconds, and then the dash turns off. Several fuses in the junction box do not seems to have current when tested but do not seem to be blown! This is so strange! Looks like a ghost car! I want to take the car to a local car electrician because I do not have any dealership close by (the nearest one is 200+ miles away) and I am not in the USA so the local people do not have Chrysler service manuals. I would prefer to have wiring diagrams on hand when I go to see car electrician tomorrow.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Chrysler
6/25/2010
Chrysler Mechanic: Themaxview,
 replied 8 years ago
Themaxview
Hi, I will do my best to assist you. When you are finished please click on accept. I don't get paid unless you do. I don't know if you are a pro or a novice so we may have to fine tune the answer. I only know as much about your problem as you have told me in your post, so my answer will be based on what you have posted. Feel free to add any additional info you feel is needed.

The best way to get instant access to electrical diagrams is to buy a years of service to Mitchell on demand on the internet. They have the BEST wiring schematics. It is a complete automotive repair manual in electronic format that you access on the internet. I would have him check the grounds for the failed systems in question, all of them will be listed in the Mitchell data. If the grounds are good your BCM is probably torched. There was a TSB (technical service bulletin) issued for your vehicle about factory wiring splices loosing connection, and another for electronics failing after startup. This will be in the Mitchell data too. If you have any more questions I am here to help. Good luck, and Thanks for using Just Answer.

I hope this helps, 100% satisfaction is my goal. If the answer is not clear, please reply and I will assist you more. When you're satisfied, click on accept. I don't get paid unless you do. A bonus and positive feedback are always appreciated, good luck and Thanks.
Themaxview
It was a "loose" ground (red wire).