Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The key in the off position ( 2 amps for about 28 hours)

Customer Question
Theb key was left in...
Theb key was left in the on position for about a week. The bettery is about 6 weeks old and was very dead. Charged the battery with the key in the off position ( 2 amps for about 28 hours). A ll accesories work, engine turns over but will not fire. Tried removing the key, left it out fore 2hours, still no fire. I have tried to start this thing a dozen times, maybe tried to many times?By the wqay thuis is a 2005 Magnum R/T hemi.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Chrysler
6/20/2010
Chrysler Mechanic: Chrysler expert, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Chrysler expert
Chrysler expert, ASE Certified Technician

Welcome to just answer.com. I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal.

With the Battery fully charged disconnect the battery cables and touch them together for 30 seconds this will completely discharge and reset all the modules in the vehicle after that reattach the battery cables and tell me if the problem still persists . If it does the car will have to be towed to the dealer to have the system reprogrammed

The key was on because the car was left running with approxamatly 1/8 tank of fuel. When the fuel ran out the engine died and the battery discharged. My grandson admited to thgis after i aasked for your help, sorry..

ok thank you