Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Chrysler town & country: dash

Customer Question
how to remove dash from...
how to remove dash from l998 chrysler town & country to repair air conditoning.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Chrysler
6/17/2010
Chrysler Mechanic: brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
brownjeff
brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Chat Conversation Started
brownjeff :

I will send the information. It will take a minute to get it all but am working on it.

brownjeff :

Full Size Image

• Remove the screw holding the lower heat duct to the instrument panel support.

• Disconnect the heat duct from the vehicle.

• Full Size Image

• Remove the bolts holding the lower supports to the instrument panel frame.

• Remove the bolts holding the lower supports to the floor pan.

• Remove the right and left end covers.

• Disconnect the wire connectors from the Passenger Airbag Module.

• Remove the front door sill trim covers.

• Remove the A-pillar trim covers.

• Remove the glove box.

• Disconnect the antenna lead connector from behind the glove box.

• Remove the lower steering column cover.

• Remove the knee blocker panel.

Full Size Image

• Disconnect the lower two, forty pin wire harness connectors, from the main Junction Block near left cowl side panel.

• Disconnect the instrument panel wire harness connector from the bottom of Body Control Module.

Full Size Image

1. Disconnect the two forty pin connectors from the right of the steering column.

2. Remove the clinch bolt holding upper the steering shaft to the lower steering shaft.

3. Separate the upper steering shaft from the lower steering shaft.

4. Remove the nuts holding the instrument panel frame to the die-cast brake pedal support on each side of the steering column.

5. With mechanical transmission range indicator:

1. Remove the indicator cable loop.

2. Remove the clip holding gear shift cable end to the gear selector adapter.

3. Pull the cable end from gear selector.

4. Disconnect the clip for the indicator cable and guide tube from the shift cable bracket and move out of the way.

1. Remove the nut holding gear shift cable bracket to the instrument panel frame.

2. Remove the bracket from the instrument panel.

3. Remove the screw holding hood release handle to the instrument panel.

4. Remove the bolt holding the hood release handle to the instrument panel.

5. Position the hood release handle out of the way

6. Remove the instrument panel top cover.

7. Disconnect the wire connector from the HVAC wire harness behind the glove box area.

Full Size Image

Full Size Image

8. Remove the bolts holding the instrument panel frame to the brackets on cowl side panels.

9. Loosen, but do not remove, the pivot bolts holding the instrument panel to the cowl panels.

10. Remove the bolts holding the instrument panel frame to the dash panel below windshield opening.

11. Remove the instrument panel from vehicle.

• Customer:

can I receive a print-out of these directions ? I am getting info for another percon.

brownjeff :

You should be able to copy and paste the answer to a word document and print it from there