Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2002pt cruiser..head gasket..camshaft sensor..crankshaft sensor…

Customer Question
2002pt cruiser replaced head gasket...
2002pt cruiser replaced head gasket now not getting any fire to the camshaft sensor nor crankshaft sensor wiill not start
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Chrysler
6/14/2010
Chrysler Mechanic: Amedee, Chrysler Technician replied 8 years ago
Amedee
Amedee, Chrysler Technician
Hello!

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is AMEDEE. I will be happy to help you out and your 100% satisfaction is my goal. Please realize that all my answers are based solely on the info that you provide me with....

The first thing to do is to be sure the computer is awake. Turn the key on and check reference voltage to the tps, cam and crank sensors. If there is full reference voltage, check to be sure the ASD relay is engaging when trying to start the engine and that there is power to the injectors and coil/coils when cranking. IF there is no power to the injectors or coil when cranking and the ASD relay is not engaging, then we might have a bad cam or crank sensor (or a valve timing issue).

If there is no reference voltage to these sensors with the key on, then the computer might not be waking up. We will need to check all powers and grounds going into the computer with the key on. This includes, all powers through the computer fuses, fusible links and even the ignition switch.

Hint: Sometimes the cam and crank sensors can short out and pull the computer down temporarily. If all powers and grounds check out and we still do not have any reference voltage to the cam, crank or the tps, then disconnect them one by one with the key on to see if the reference voltage comes back. If so, then one of the sensors is bad and will need to be replaced.