Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

disgusted with my 2006 town and country...left front..front tire…

Customer Question
I am disgusted with my...
I am disgusted with my 2006 town and country. Including today, we have experienced valve stem failures ( they fall off ) three f**king times in a one year period of time!!! The first two involved the left front tire. We had been having frequent trouble maintaining pressure in this tire. Last Sept. while inflating this tire the valve stem FELL OFF resulting in immediate deflation. The stem was replaced by our local dealer. Last month while driving in stop-start traffic, my wife experienced a complete deflation in the same tire, again because the valve stem FELL OFF!!! Fortunately she wasn't at highway speed or I would have buried her and my youngest child. Today, again low tire pressure warning; was checking tire pressures, unscrewed R rear valve stem cap and, you guessed it, the f**king valve stem FELL OFF. I am disgusted, this threatens my family's safety and I have no confidence in this car and as a chrysler owner of 20+ years I will never buy a chrysler product again. DrBud
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Chrysler
6/14/2010
Chrysler Mechanic: jeepmopar76, Chrysler Triple Master Tech replied 8 years ago
jeepmopar76
jeepmopar76, Chrysler Triple Master Tech

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is Denny; now let me see if I can help you with your Chrysler question.

So what exactly is your question? I am sorry you are unhappy with the tire pressure monitor system, but it is something that all of us will have to deal with after 08, and also many before.All manufacturers are having similar problems, and there is nothing anybody can do anything about.Tire stems will corrode and break off; they will break for no reason; I am sorry you are frustrated, but it is not just Chrysler, it is everyone.