Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Headlight..one screw is rusted

Customer Question
the hand book only has...
the hand book only has us remove 2 screws to change the headlight. one screw is rusted. how do we get the thing out? he also sawed off the piece of plastic near the screw...Maybe a diagram would help
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Chrysler
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/13/2010
Chrysler Mechanic: Roland, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Roland
Roland, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is Roland

Here are the removal instructions right from chrysler.

REMOVAL

NOTE: Some moisture accumulation inside a vented headlamp unit is normal. Moisture will vent from tubes or vents located on the back of the unit. This normal condition will appear as a fogging on the inside of the headlamp lens (similar to the fog that sometimes appears on the inside of the windshield). This moisture may be removed by activating the headlamps on high beam for 15 minutes.

If water droplets larger than 1 mm in size have accumulated on the inside of the headlamp lens, the headlamp unit should be replaced.

CONCORDE/300M

1. Release hood latch and open hood.
  2. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative remote cable.
  3. Remove the one bolt retaining the washer bottle filler neck and move aside.
  4. Remove the two bolts retaining the speed control servo and move aside.
  5. Remove fasteners to upper radiator crossmember:
    • Two jack screws on each side.
    • Three crossmember retaining bolts on each side.
    • Three push pin fasteners across top of grille.
    • Gently pry back grille and remove the two bolts to front crossmember. This will allow you to move the crossmember forward, pivoting at the radiator grille, to access the headlamp unit.

NOTE: Once the crossmember is loose, take care not to scratch the fenders.

6. Maneuver the headlamp unit to remove from behind fascia. Gentle prying of fascia may be needed to clear it enough to remove the headlamp unit.
  7. Disconnect the lamp connectors and transfer lamps if replacing unit

Thank you for using justanswer.com

Please let me know if I can assist you farther

Roland