Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Chrysler: the check engine light..light comes..serviced..module…

Customer Question
Hi I have a 2000...
Hi I have a 2000 300 m with 100540km as of a week ago the check engine light has
been going on and off 2 or 3 times daily, the light comes on when I start up drive into town stop at a store when I restart up again the light stays off the car is in good condition
is serviced every 5000km the chrysler dealer gets a code of po 0610 and wants
900.00$ to replace the module on a 5000.00 $ car is that the only answer?
The car drives fine with no problems can you help, the only thing that comes to my mind is the last emission test shows a big rise in nitrous oxide ppm from the 2007 test of 14 ppm to 303ppm on the Oct 2009
BP
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Chrysler
6/9/2010
Chrysler Mechanic: brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
brownjeff
brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Chat Conversation Started
brownjeff :

Are you sure on the code number? By chance is it P0601?

Customer:

PO601

brownjeff :

For this code the only repair is replacing the module. It has an internal problem and can't be repaired and would need to be replaced to get the light out.

Customer:

This answer does not solve my problem

brownjeff :

Wish I had a better answer, but the only way to fix it is to replace the module. You can leave it the way it is if running fine, but if you have other problems you wont know it as the light will be on