Matt Hardy
Matt Hardy, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Auto Tech, ASE L1, Jeep/Chrysler Dealer Tech, 18 yrs exp
24870662

2004 sebring LX: seat belt chime continues

2004 sebring LX The seat belt chime continues after the seat belt is engageg. How do I stop it or repair it?

Thanks
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Matt Hardy replied 7 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer, my name is Matt.

The most likely cause for this problem is a faulty seat belt buckle (the part with the release button on it). There is a switch inside that closes when the seat belt is bucked.

Another way to take care of it...unbolt the seat and inspect the wiring under the seat. Look for a yellow connector with 4 wires. On the 2 wires that go to the buckle itself, if you strip a bit of the insulation and touch them together, this eliminates the problem. Be sure not to do this to the wrong wires...the other 2 in the same connector go the pretensioner....shorting these together will cause the airbag light to come on. Be sure to disconnect the battery before doing this type of work.

Edited by Matt Hardy on 5/12/2010 at 3:02 PM EST