Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

1989 chrysler new yorker landau: the gauges and speedometer

Customer Question
I have a 1989 chrysler...
I have a 1989 chrysler new yorker landau with a digital instrument cluster. Once in a while times the cluster acts erratic; the gauges and speedometer don't display but the cluster is still illuminated. After a few minutes, it returns to normal. I ran a cluster test when it wasn't working and the codes were:
905; 920; 940 and then 999 -- can you tell me what these codes mean?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Chrysler
5/5/2010
Chrysler Mechanic: moparfl, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 years ago
moparfl
moparfl, ASE Certified Technician

CODES DISPLAYED ON THE ODOMETER

CODE NO.MESSAGEACTION
110Instrument cluster failureReplace instrument cluster and retest
900Lack of all messagesFault not within instrument cluster
905Bus loop failureReplace instrument cluster and retest
920Lack of messages from Body ComputerFault not within instrument cluster
921Lack of messages from Body ComputerReplace Body Computer and retest
940Lack of messages from Engine ControllerFault not within instrument cluster
999End of codesN/A
moparfl
moparfl, ASE Certified Technician
moparfl
moparfl
moparfl, ASE Certified Technician