Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

2000 Chrysler Sebring: 2.5L..stall..fuel filter, and the egr sensor

Customer Question

My 2000 Chrysler Sebring jxi convt with 2.5L engine is having a problem with no power. When I give it gas it will cut out of power and stall at about 1500 rpms. I have changed the throttle position sensor, the fuel filter, and the egr sensor but nothing has helped. I turn the key on and can hear the fuel pump kick on. Any idea where to go next?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Dan replied 7 years ago.
It sounds like you have a distributor problem. Monitor fuel pressure when this happens and if fuel pressure is constang replace the spark plug wires to see if that helps if not I'd replace the distributor. You can get a used distributor from www.car-parts.com sort by price and have them ship it to you to save money. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I can try this tomorrow but it sounds like a fuel problem to everyone I have talked to.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I can try this tomorrow but I have changed the fuel pump, fuel filter, egr valve and vacuum switch, and throttle position sensor and it sounds like a fuel problem to everyone I have talked to. I have also considered that the exhaust may be clogged at the catalytic converter, what do you think?
Expert:  Dan replied 7 years ago.
You can remove the oxygen sensor before the converter and if it helps then its probably clogged and if fuel pressure is good then you probably have a bad distributor. Let me know what you find out or if you have questions, thanks.