Matt Hardy
Matt Hardy, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Auto Tech, ASE L1, Jeep/Chrysler Dealer Tech, 18 yrs exp
24870662

1999 Chrysler LHS: electrical..door locks..parked..actuator changed

Customer Question

My 1999 Chrysler LHS has an electrical gremlin. The dome lights an door locks will go on and off while I am driving, or while the car is parked which drains the battery. have had the actuator changed to no avail. Any ideas as to what i can try next?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Matt Hardy replied 7 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JA.

As far as the dome lights, this is a possible BCM (body control module) problem.

Allow me a few minutes to do some research on the locks.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Ok.

Since the dome lights and the interior lights are affected, I am thinking that one of the door ajar switches (located inside the door latch) is the problem.

To diagnose this, it would be ideal to use a scan tool which can access the body control module to try to see which door is causing the problem, and also to check if there are any fault codes.

You could try unplugging each door latch, one at a time, and then test driving the car to see if the problem is still present. This will require removing the door panels.

Sorry, I realized I have a typo in my last post. Here is what I intended:

Since the power locks and the interior lights are affected, I am thinking that one of the door ajar switches (located inside the door latch) is the problem.

Is there anything else I can do for you?