Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

how do i change the a/c blower motor on a 2006 town and country

9/11/2009
brownjeff
brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician

Here is the information to change the blower motor:

1. Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.
  2. Remove the passenger side cowl trim panel.

Lower Air Inlet Housing

1. Position the carpet to access the front upper screw that secures the air inlet housing.
  2. Remove the recirculation door actuator.
  3. Disconnect the blower motor wire lead connector from the blower motor resistor or power module, depending on application.
  4. Remove the one screw (from the top) that secures the lower air inlet housing to the upper air inlet housing.
  5. Remove the four screws (from the bottom) that secure the lower air inlet housing to the upper air inlet housing and the lower HVAC housing.

Blower Motor Wire Lead Grommet

1. Push the rubber grommet through the opening in the lower air inlet housing.
  2. Route the blower motor wire lead through the opening in the lower air inlet housing and remove the lower air inlet housing from the vehicle.

Blower Motor Mounting Tabs

1. Position the recirculation-air door as necessary to access and remove the three screws that secure the blower motor to the lower half of the HVAC housing.
  2. Gently flex the recirculation-air door downward to gain access to remove the blower motor from the HVAC housing. NOTE: To aid in installation, note the position of the blower motor mounting tabs prior to removal.
  3. Remove the blower motor from the HVAC housing by rotating and tilting the blower motor as necessary.

INSTALLATION

1. Gently flex the recirculation-air door downward to gain access to install the blower motor into the HVAC housing.
  2. Position the blower motor to the HVAC housing and tilt and rotate the blower motor as necessary to install it into the HVAC housing.
  3. Align the blower motor mounting tabs to the locations noted during removal and install the three screws that secure the blower motor to the HVAC housing. Tighten the screws to 2 N.m (17 in. lbs.) .
  4. Route the blower motor wire lead through the opening in the lower air inlet housing and seat the rubber grommet.
  5. Position the recirculation door pivot shaft into the lower air inlet housing and install the inlet housing.
  6. Install the four screws (from the bottom) that secure the lower air inlet housing to the upper air inlet housing and the lower HVAC housing. Tighten the screws to 2 N.m (17 in. lbs.) .
  7. Install the one screw (from the top) that secures the lower air inlet housing to the upper air inlet housing. Tighten the screw to 2 N.m (17 in. lbs.) .
  8. Connect the blower motor wire lead connector to the blower motor resistor or power module, depending on application.
  9. Install the recirculation door actuator.
  10. Reposition the carpet.
  11. Install the passenger side cowl trim panel.
  12. Reconnect the negative battery cable.
  13. Perform the heater-A/C control calibration procedure.

where are the 4 screws i can only find three

• Remove the four screws (from the bottom) that secure the lower air inlet housing to the upper air inlet housing and the lower HVAC housing.
  •  

One kind of hides in a valley. Sorry this is the best picture I have
    brownjeff
    brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
    do you have a picture of the housing so i can tell where it is

I will see if another expert can help as this is all I have

Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
    Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX have to pull the carpeting away to see the fourth screw.
    brownjeff
    brownjeff
    brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician