Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

power door locks 2004 Chrysler Town & Country. Neither remote…

Customer Question
power door locks 2004 Chrysler...
power door locks 2004 Chrysler Town & Country. Neither remote or switch control in car will work power locks. When fuse under hood is removed and replaced or just reinserted, the locks work great for awhile. It seems like there must be a rebooting process going on.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Chrysler
8/3/2009
Chrysler Mechanic: Josh, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Josh, ASE Certified Technician
What you're experiencing is very common, what happens is when the body control module set's a trouble code for a lock actuator problem it disables the power lock system. Commonly it's an intermittent problem with a sliding door lock actuator that's very hard to verify. Chrysler has released updated software for the body control module to resolve this issue. Unfortunately the dealership is the only place that can perform this software issue. Once you have the body control module updated it should take care of the issue, eventually you'll likely have a failure of the lock actuator that's causing the fault intermittently at this time.

If you have any other questions please let me know. If you're happy with the information I've provided please click accept.
Josh, ASE Certified Technician