Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

1997 chrysler sebring: jxi convertible..tach..sputters

Customer Question
1997 chrysler sebring jxi convertible...
1997 chrysler sebring jxi convertible. the tach doesn't work most of the time but sometimes it will come on and work perfectly until you turn the engine off and then it won't work again until it wants to. the transmission position indicator light in the dash works only when the tack works. sometimes when the tach begins to work when you are driving along the engine sputters at the exact same time that the tach starts to work.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Chrysler
5/8/2009
Chrysler Mechanic: John, triple chrysler master tech replied 8 years ago
John, triple chrysler master tech

Hi my name is john.

Let test the cluster and circuit board first.

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

Let me know what you get

I tried to perform the tests you laid out in your answer and to the best that I understand what you were trlling me to look for, everything worked except for the tack itself and the transmission range indicator. If I did what you said correctly what is the answer?
On the first one it say to replace the tack gauge it self.

On the second one it say to replace the odometer/transmission indicator.

This is the answer the book give you.

I know that if the odometer ever goes blank you have to replace the circuit board.

Let me know what else you need.

If I have help you ,please push the accept button when were done.

Thank you for choosing just answer
John, triple chrysler master tech