Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

where is the thermostat on a 2000 chrysler concorde with the

2.7 v6? I believe...
where is the thermostat on a 2000 chrysler concorde with the 2.7 v6? I believe it is in the front part of the engine in between the heads where the upper radiator hooks up, but looks a little difficult or unfamiliar to get at.
1/18/2009
Daryl
Daryl, Shop Owner, Master Mechanic

I do not have a pic of the location but it is located near the alternator/generator, process to change is below,

Removal

WARNING: DO NOT remove pressure cap with the system hot and under pressure because serious burns from coolant can occur.

1. Disconnect negative cable from remote jumper terminal.
2. Drain cooling system.
3. Remove accessory drive belt for removal of the generator.
4. Raise vehicle on hoist.
5. Remove generator attaching bolts. Set generator aside for ease of access to thermostat.
6. Remove lower radiator and heater hoses from thermostat housing.
7. Remove thermostat housing bolts.
8. Remove thermostat and housing.

Installation

NOTE: Install thermostat with the bleed valve located at the 12 o'clock position.

1. Clean gasket sealing surfaces.
2. Install thermostat and gasket into the thermostat housing.
3. Install thermostat and housing to cylinder block.
4. Connect heater and lower radiator hoses. Install hose clamps.
5. Install generator and attaching bolts.
6. Lower vehicle.
7. Install accessory drive belt.
8. Refill cooling system.
9. Connect negative cable to remote jumper terminal.

so the thermostat is actually on the drivers side of the motor down low, and not on top?
Right
Daryl
Daryl, Shop Owner, Master Mechanic
Daryl
Daryl
Daryl, Shop Owner, Master Mechanic