Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ years experience as automotive store manager and technician.
3195632

2001 chrysler sebring: door panel..the drivers side..window motor

How can I take the door panel off of the drivers side of a 2001 chrysler sebring to access the window motor?

I need to know which sebring you have - coupe, sedan, convertible or hardtop?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

2001 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2 Dr. Coupe

I removed the two black screws at the top and the two bolts that hold the door handle to the frame so far...

Thanks!

After removing the screws you have already removed, carefully pry out power window switch from rear and disconnect eletrical connectors, then dr trim panel can be removed by pulling outward on it. I use a putty knife to slip between the trim panel and door to pop it off

After panel is off, remove the pull handle bracket and door release assembly. Remove watershield by pulling off. You will need new caulk sealant to reattach watershield.

graphic

Below are directions for motor:

Click to open and download> WINDOW MOTOR

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

let me go out to the garage and try to get the door panel off I'll be back in a second...

Thanks!

Ok, let me know if you get stuck...

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Hell Yeah Dude! It was tough getting off, but I totally got it! The rest of the instructions should be enough! You are a Lifesaver!

Thanks!

Great! have a good weekend