Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

2002 Chrysler Sebring: LXI..fuses..climate controls, radio, edt

Customer Question
My Instrument Panel lights are...
My Instrument Panel lights are out on my 2002 Chrysler Sebring LXI . I have Played with all the fuses and all of them are fine and in good condition. The rest of my lights on the control center, climate controls, radio, ect. are emluminated and working properly and dim and brighten with the switch. Could it be the bulbs or the panel's electric wiring.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Chrysler
12/1/2008
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hi. If all of the bulbs on the instrument cluster went out at the same time its probably not the bulbs. If all at seperate times, then it could be bulbs. If they quit at once, they have lost power. If all of the other illumination works it may be the cluster circuit board. the wiring connector plugs into the back of the cluster, and the power for the lights goes from the connector to each board over the circuit board. If you have a test light and want to pull the cluster out of the dash and check for power, I'd be glad to tell you where to check for power.

How would you pull the panel

Here are instructions to remove the cluster.

• Disconnect and isolate the battery negative remote cable.
  • Remove left end cover.
  • Using a trim stick or equivalent, gently pry up on the power mirror switch. Disconnect the switch and remove.
  • Using a trim stick or equivalent, gently pry up on instrument panel center trim bezel.
  • Disconnect the HVAC control connector.Remove the one screw to the inboard passenger trim bezel on the right of the steering column and remove by unsnapping clips.
  • Remove the one screw from the passenger side trim bezel and remove trim by unsnapping clips.
  • Remove 4 screws to left lower instrument panel trim.
  • Remove the five screws to the cluster bezel. Using a trim stick or equivalent, gently pry out the cluster bezel.
  • If the vehicle is equipped with a Compass Mini-Trip Computer , disconnect the module and then remove the cluster bezel assembly.
  • For better access and prevention of scratching the cluster lens, tilt the steering column to its lowest position and depress the hazard switch.
  • Remove the cluster attaching screws.
  • Pull the cluster rearward to disconnect the 26-way self docking connector and then carefully tilt cluster downward slightly and slide cluster sideways to remove cluster assembly.
  • When you get it out turn the lights on and check for power on the orange wire in pin 12 of the connector. If its ok, you can try and replace a bulb or two. If they still won't work and there is power there, replace the cluster circuit board.

sprinkles08
    sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Thank You Very Much I'll try that and see what happen

You are welcome, good luck!

sprinkles08
    sprinkles08
    sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician