Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have 2018 chevy colorado and the theft is on with my key…

Customer Question
I have 2018 chevy...

I have 2018 chevy colorado and the theft is on with my key in the ignition. im trying get my vehicle to start how do i reset the theft?

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the ignition done this before? Have any error codes popped up?

Nope first time

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the approximate mileage on your 2018 Colorado?

19000

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Npe

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chevy
10/25/2021
Chevy Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 1 year ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thank you for contacting us for assistance with your vehicle. I'm Eric. I will be happy to assist you with your question. May I ask to whom I have the pleasure of speaking with today?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Joseph Rizzo

Hi Joseph! Nice to see you today! I'm sorry to hear you are having this problem. I know this can be frustrating.
Please give me a moment to type out some information for you. Sit tight one minute... I'll be right back!

Hi Joseph

Do the following GM learn procedure

30 minute GM relearn procedure:

1-Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
2-Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON (vehicle will not start).
3-Observe the SECURITY telltale(this is the security light), after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.
4-Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds .
5-Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes (the vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK). IMPORTANT: The vehicle learns the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or password ***** the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.
6-Start the engine (the vehicle has now learned the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or password).

If that does not work, there is a failure in the immobilizer system and will need to be diagnosed with shop level scan tool

HI

I hope everything works out well for you! If there are any additional questions on this issue that should arise, please feel free to reply and ask!
Have a great day!
Thank you for choosing Just Answer for your questions!