Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy Cruze 2011…. 1.4 turbocharged engine..l, i need an…

Customer Question
Chevy Cruze 2011…. 1.4...

Chevy Cruze 2011…. 1.4 turbocharged engine..l

Mechanic's Assistant: The Chevy Mechanic will know what to do about your engine. Do you have any other details that could be helpful?

I need an electrical expert

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

The seatbelt light won’t bulb check

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chevy
10/24/2021
Chevy Mechanic: david craig, Auto Mechanic replied 1 year ago
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

Hello, my name is ***** ***** to just answer! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. I’m really sorry that you’re having this issue and I’m going to help you through it, but please understand that I (respectfully) don't know your skill level or tools you have to assist us to diagnose/repair your vehicle. Also, understand that I can't see, smell, hear or touch the vehicle either, so your patience/understanding is appreciated. Please allow me up to 10 minutes to gather schematics and other pertinent information for this issue. I do not know anything about the fees or charge so please if you have any concerns, direct them to customer service. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. The site will automatically ask you for a phone call. you may accept the offer but just to let you know, I do not take phone calls, but another expert has the option of accepting it. Thank you.

The restraint diagnostic sensing module is supposed to tell the instrument cluster to do the self-test of the indicator. You are going to need to have the module scanned for fault codes to see if it's the module or the cluster.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do I carry out the scanIf I don’t buckle the seatbelt, it doesn’t chime as well

Ok, then it's definitely the restraint diagnostic sensing module. You need a scan tool that has the capability of reading SRS fault codes.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I I will go run a scan now

Ok.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just so you know, airbag light works Perfectly

That's fine. That's for the passenger seat belt

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
File attached (32Z4LZZ)

Ok, then it's going to be a burnt-out LED in the instrument cluster. See attachments

Did you say, the seat belt chime doesn't work?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Chime does not work

Sounds like a cluster issue to me now. Enter into the IPC with your scan tool and command the seat belt indicators on and off.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What is IPC

Instrument cluster

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do I command the seat belts indicators on off

What type of scan tool do you have?

Ok, you can't with that one. You need a bi-directional scan tool capable of taking control of the inputs and outputs of sensors, switches, and logic.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
once the test is done, what should I look out for?

Does the chime work if the parking brake is left on when the transmission is shifted to drive, and if the keys are left in the ignition and the driver's door is opened?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No

Ok, that puts a new twist into things. Scan the body control module for fault codes. The BCM is responsible for sending for those discretes to the radio. The radio is the actual chime producer.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What tool do I use to scan the BCM

You already did, I see a BCM fault in that video that you sent. U0140-71 code is the key here.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what do I do

You are going to need to do all of the tests on the attached documents.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I noticed speaker does not sound properly tooWhat scan tool do I need for the test

You need a Tech2 scan tool. At this point, I have to recommend replacing the BCM.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay,how is it programmed after replacement

With a TECH2 scan tool that will have the appropriate software. See attachment

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Would a bcm from salvaged vehicle work for my car?

Only if the software from yours is uploaded into a scan tool and downloaded into the junkyard one.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay, thank youCould it be a bad fuse?I have just 132000 km on the vehicle
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will check the fuseAlso will take it out for replacementHopefully it solves my problemI will contact you very soon

Ok.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the chime works when key is put in ignition and the door is opened. Parking brake light comes on when vehicle is started but does not come on when I engage it while car is in driving mode.

I still believe this is a BCM issue. Did you check all of those fuses?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I checkedThey looked okay

Ok, well I have nothing else to add. You are going to need to have a scan tool that can command the seat belt light on and off and the seat belt chime on and off to see if the BCM is seeing the discretes or not.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay what scan tool would your recommend

https://www.obd2tool.com/goods-1568-GM+Tech2+GM+Scanner+-CANdi++TIS+(Works+for+GMSAABOPELSUZUKIISUZUHolden).html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpp-nvrzj8wIVmOCzCh1GcASEEAQYBSABEgJBp_D_BwE

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi David, quick one here…. Do you think it’s only dealership that is capable of reprogramming bcm?

Yes sir, unless you can find a shop that has Tech2