Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Crank not start. Turn key on and off a few times then it…

Crank not start. Turn...

Crank not start. Turn key on and off a few times then it satrts. 2001 Siverado 2500hd 6.6 duramax.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the engine's fuel supply? Are the spark plugs, fuel pump, and ignition all working?

Yes, runs great I was able to sart.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the model of your 2001 Chevy?

2011 Siverado 2500hd 6.6 duramax.

9/8/2021
Chevy Mechanic: jeffreyg31,
 replied 1 year ago
jeffreyg31

Hi there, Sorry to hear about all your car troubles. My Name is ***** ***** I am an ASE Advanced Level Master Technician here to assist you with your vehicle. Please understand I am not there with you, But I am here to help. Any information about what is going on is greatly appreciated. The system will ask for a phone call, Please let me know if you want this option as I am not always available to do so. Be aware that I am assisting many customers at the same time and will get back to you as quickly as I can. I like to research each answer before I get back to you to ensure that I give out the correct info. Thank you for understanding.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok2011 Chevy Silverado 2590hd 6.6l duramax.
Chevy Mechanic: jeffreyg31,
 replied 1 year ago

have you tried to bleed the air from the fuel filter housing.  loosen the bleed screw and pump the primer until fuel comes out.  then close the screw and pump until its tight.  have someone crank it while you continue to pump the primer.  these are common for air intrusion into the filter causing the pump to suck air.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Crank, no startIn the morning after sitting had the problem. Turn key on and of a few time started and runs. Park and restarts fine.
Chevy Mechanic: jeffreyg31,
 replied 1 year ago

and priming the fuel filter housing helped?  have you tried that?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I guess that is what turn the key off and on did.
Chevy Mechanic: jeffreyg31,
 replied 1 year ago

next time it doesnt start, follow my above instructions.  if it fires right up then you will need to replace the fuel filter housing.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OkWhere is the primer and fuel filter?Is the housing and filter the same unit?
Chevy Mechanic: jeffreyg31,
 replied 1 year ago

the housing is the top part, has the primer and bleeder built into it.

jeffreyg31
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok