Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Is there any recall for the code P2645 CHEVROLET Impala LT…

Customer Question
Is there any recall...

Is there any recall for the code P2645 CHEVROLET Impala LT 2015 ?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
1/23/2020
Chevy Mechanic: J Hall, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
J Hall
J Hall, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is James. If you will give me some time, I will glad to look that information up for you. Be back as soon as I can.

Ok

No TSB's on that code. I can give you the diagnostic procedures, but you will have to have an MDI and the GM software to run it, along with access to the GM database. Such is the nature of computer diagnosis today.

Also no recalls.

What does TSB and MDI stand for?

Sorry about that. TSB is technical service bulletin. These are easy fixes for common problems that have been discovered by techs in the field. An MDI is a special scan tool used by GM techs since 2012. It is the only scanner that can be used on the 2015 and newer GM vehicles to properly diagnose certain trouble codes. The code you listed, P2645 is a GM specific code and the diagnostics are not readily available to the general public, unless you want to pay for them.

There is a fuse that protects that circuit. I will look it up and tell you where it is. If the fuse is blown, it may mean that circuit is shorted to ground somewhere.

I am sending an overhead drawing of the fuse block that is under the hood in the engine compartment. I have circled fuse number 11 in red ink. Check that fuse to see if it is blown. If it is, put in a new one. If the new one blows out right away, then you have a short to ground on that circuit that will have to be diagnosed and repaired.

Please, at least let me know you received this information. Thank you.

I don't want to mess with it because I don't know much about cars

For this problem, it would probably be best if you took the car to the dealer. An independent shop might be able to repair it, but the dealer techs have more special tools (like the MDI), knowledge and training on these vehicles than anyone else. I wish you well on this repair. Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Thanks

You're welcome.