Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I had O'reillys check my engine code on my 2011 Chevy Aveo…

I had O'reillys check my...
I had O'reillys check my engine code on my 2011 Chevy Aveo LT and it came up with P0599, Thermostat Heater Control Circuit High. I have purchased a new thermostat housing from MotoRad. I will be installing it soon, but I am trying to find out if there is a bleeder on this car or how I can get the air out of the system. This has been an issue for some time. I have ruptured 3 radiator hoses and the car still overheats in the warmer months, and runs cool in the winter.
6/26/2019
Chevy Mechanic: relicdigger3, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
relicdigger3
relicdigger3, ASE Certified Technician
Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Aveo. This vehicle does not have a bleeder screw for the cooling system. To bleed the air simply fill the reservoir slowly. The upper reservoir hose will bleed out the air while you fill it as long as it remains above the water line.
Okay, so after installation I just need to slowly add the antifreeze back in, then start the car to check everything is working as it should?
Correct. Add coolant to the reservoir until it reaches the max level. Start the vehicle until it heats up and the thermostat opens. This will cause the coolant level in the reservoir to go down slightly. Refill the reservoir to the max level once again and that should be good.
relicdigger3
relicdigger3, ASE Certified Technician
Awesome! Thank you so much!