Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

We have a 2014 chevy Cruze LT with 1.4 liter turbo. At

Customer Question
104,000 miles the number one...
We have a 2014 chevy Cruze LT with 1.4 liter turbo. At 104,000 miles the number one piston disintegrated. I replaced the engine with a 2016 motor with 31,000 miles on it. It started right up and ran for 4 or 5 minutes with no problems and then just shut off. No engine light. I replaced the battery with a new one (old one was not holding a good charge ) , cleaned & regapped the plugs (.028) checked all wiring , and have not found anything. Engine now starts right away, runs for 30seconds or so and quits . All fluids are new , levels are accurate. What should I be looking for?
Submitted: 15 days ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 day by:
8/6/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 13 days ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician
Good afternoon, I hope you are doing great. My name is***** am a Chevy technician and I would be happy to help you out with this.Since replacing the engine have you performed a Cranshaft position relearn?
Customer reply replied 13 days ago
Hi Gabriel, thanks for answering. No I have not performed a crankshaft position relearn. How do I do that?
Okay that is where I would suggest starting.The procedure needs to be done anytime you replace the crankshaft sensor, crankshaft, engine, or ecm. If it is not performed then the engine will not learn the proper crank position and will shut down to prevent possible timing damage. The procedure has to be done with a scan tool that has output controls. The dealer would charge about .5hr for the procedure.
Customer reply replied 13 days ago
Ok , so I need to take it to the dealer. Right now it is in a no start condition, turns over fine , just won’t start. Is there a way to reset it so I can start it and drive to the dealer ( about a***** or should I just tow it to the dealer.
At this point I would recommend getting it towed in to risk any possible damage being caused to the new motor