Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2018 Chevy Impella It was jumped and everywhere…

I have a 2018 Chevy...
I have a 2018 Chevy Impella
It was jumped and everywhere works but the drivers side window won’t come down or work
Is their a fix
Customer reply replied 10 days ago
Amy thoughts
7/11/2018
Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician

Good morning,

It sounds like the window just needs to be reset.

Do all of the other windows work normally?

Give me a second and I'll look up the window reset procedure on the 2018 model. I'm not sure if it has changed from previous years.

The normalization procedure requires you to be able to open the window.

The window won't open at all right?

Customer reply replied 10 days ago
All windows open except drivers side

Try holding down the open switch for about 5 seconds or so. Let me know if it opens.

If it's doesn't you may need to disconnect the battery cables, cross the battery cables together and hold them there for about 1 minute. This will force the system to reset. Then hook the battery back up like normal and see if the driver window will work.

Customer reply replied 10 days ago
Ok

Once you have the windows working to where they will go down you need to perform the following reset steps:

1. Ignition ON.
  2. Starting with the window completely UP, press and hold the power window switch until the window is fully open and continue holding the switch down for approximately 5 seconds after the window is completely open.
  3. Pull the power window switch up until the window is fully closed and continue holding the switch up for approximately 5 seconds after the window is completely closed.

Please let me know if you need additional info.

Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician