Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My engine is making a noise that sounds like my power

Customer Question
My engine is making...

My engine is making a noise that sounds like my power steering pump may be low of fluid. Where is the resavore?

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?

No I haven't and I don't know when it was checked.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2004 and it is in a workhorse chassis in a motorhome

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I intend to check it if I knew where it is. I suppose it has to be on run by the fan belt??

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope. except that I have replaced the serpetine belt.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Chevy
5/31/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned you will receive a system automated call request, that is not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Also I am not paid hourly by just answers, I am only paid when you rate me, so if you could please respect my time and knowledge by rating me when we are finished that would be wonderful. If you could please indicate your level of experience and what you are looking to get out of your session today. Ok lets get started!

What is the year make and model of that vehicle and I can get you the procedure on how to check the fluid

82 years old and not too supple anymore
sorry but I can't spend anymore than I have.

2004 chev 8.1 liter in a motorhome with a workhorse chassis

ok here is a short video on how to check the fluid level

https://www.carcarekiosk.com/video/2004_Chevrolet_Silverado_3500_8.1L_V8_Standard_Cab_Pickup_(2_Door)/power_steering_fluid/check_fluid_level

did you get that ok?

I am not satisfied with the answer as I do not have a pickup truck and please remove me from anymore of your charges.

you asked for a location and how to check the fluid how is that a bad answer? its exactly how to do it? what more do you want?