Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Service ESC and Service traction sign come? on after

Customer Question
Service ESC and Service...

Service ESC and Service traction sign come? on after Iinstalled 2012 Malibu LT new Hub bearing. I rotate steering wheel to access hob bolt when wheel speed sensor was disconnected. How to fix this

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the sensor have a wire-wrapped magnet? If so, have you checked it with an ohmmeter?

No I did not checked with Ohm meter. New hub was with complite assembly with harness

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Malibu yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes put hub myself. I did not try anything yet. Google it and itsay about calibration of steering wheel sensor

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

2012 Malibu LT 200,000 km.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Chevy
5/30/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned you will receive a system automated call request, that is not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Also I am not paid hourly by just answers, I am only paid when you rate me, so if you could please respect my time and knowledge by rating me when we are finished that would be wonderful. If you could please indicate your level of experience and what you are looking to get out of your session today. Ok lets get started!

Do you have a scanner to access the codes?

Scanner shows 0 codes
Only service ESC sign on dashboard

what model scanner do you have?

It is small I don't have it now. It just read OBD code and it has OK, Up down and erase button

that scanner is too basic to look up what we need, try taking it over to the parts store they will do a free scan =, some of those stores have really nice scanners

Ok. I will try. My budget is say 200 what kind/type of scanner i can purchase.
How much is labor and part cost to replace steering wheel position sensor cost. I afraid if I took to shop they would say to replace the sensor.

for 200 you can stay around 100 and get 200 dollars worth, this innova below is pretty good and the new ones at harbor freight are little bit better, below the innova I have a even better one that is not much more but it does what 2000$ scanners can do, im looking upi the sensor question now

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ino-3040e?seid=srese1&cm_mmc=pla-google-_-shopping-_-srese1-_-innova&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIosWSq-Ct2wIVSVSGCh1HiQrxEAQYEiABEgKEOvD_BwE

https://automotiveequipmentspecialists.com/autel-all-system-service-tablet-part-aul-mx808/?gdffi=aca2aafe2cbb40ab8707e46790a07b63&gdfms=33DC72AB8A8640CF9247B5F455F4BAE7&_vsrefdom=adwords&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIosWSq-Ct2wIVSVSGCh1HiQrxEAQYBiABEgLVHfD_BwE

steering angle sensor is 70 from gm discount site and is about 3 hours to install, it may just need reset or there could be another issue, we wont know until the codes are pulled

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. I would like to receive nothing less than a 5 star rating. If you feel we aren’t there yet please let me know or respond more so we can get the answer you feel is correct. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!