Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Engine power reduced comes on alot now and will even shut my…

Customer Question
Engine power reduced...

Engine power reduced comes on alot now and will even shut my car down

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

127000 automatic

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2007 Monte Carlo

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Monte Carlo yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm about to let someone look at it today .

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

On the dash where it tells you how many miles left on the tank it just jumps all over from 15 35 104 78 55 . Its crazy I don't trust anything on that car .

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Chevy
5/30/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned you will receive a system automated call request, that is not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Also I am not paid hourly by just answers, I am only paid when you rate me, so if you could please respect my time and knowledge by rating me when we are finished that would be wonderful. If you could please indicate your level of experience and what you are looking to get out of your session today. Ok lets get started!

To start out this car will need to be put on a scanner , I know this isn’t the answer your looking for but with today's technology a scanner is a absolute necessary tool to find the problem with your vehicle, good thing is when you do take it in before you approve anything send me a copy of the diagnosis report and estimate and I can usually get the bill down a bit and also check to see if they are doing their job correctly.

Also this is not a one and done deal, no worries on time, this question lasts as long as we need to get the situation fixed and could last over a number of days, it doesn’t cost any extra per question or time limit, just the one fee and that’s it.

i really need to cancel this i was not aware that i would have to run around and get back with you I thought you would just be giving me what i need to look for
no just cancel this please Im going to put it in the shop

arnt you taking it in to a mechanic? if you dont have any tools its hard to tell you whats wrong

ok well I'm a single woman and i need this canceled please can you have this done for me or do I need to make another call

just call customer service