Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Have a 2002 Chevy tracker the knees the rear wheel banks…

Customer Question
Have a 2002 Chevy...

Have a 2002 Chevy tracker the knees the rear wheel banks changed on both sides of the rear

Mechanic's Assistant: Besides this, what condition is the car in?

I never thought I would like a little rig this thing gets great mileage and it seems me mechanically sound of grower for 3 years and I only paid $1500 for it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '02 Chevy?

Chevy tracker

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I took it to a shop as my son's driving it they said it cost around $800 minimum problem to fix size thing and I promise to fix it myself but I know it's not as easy as some rigs to change

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

At this point I can't think of anything else

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Chevy
5/30/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned you will receive a system automated call request, that is not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Also I am not paid hourly by just answers, I am only paid when you rate me, so if you could please respect my time and knowledge by rating me when we are finished that would be wonderful. If you could please indicate your level of experience and what you are looking to get out of your session today. Ok lets get started!

So im reading your tracker needs some sort of work in the rear?

Wheel bearings and breaks for 2002 Chevy tracker
Rear ones

ok and your wanting to know if 800 is reasonable or not?

For starters also how to perform the repair yourself if your mechanically inclined. Job hrs cost parts tool ...

ok this will take a bit give me a little time and I will get you all that information. as far as parts go, the best place to find parts is on rock auto, everything is on there and they have multiple parts to choose from. so while im getting the other information go there and check out parts and let me know if you have any questions about that

Ok here is the procedure, in it you will find the tools you will need for the job, the brakes take 2 hours and the axle bearings should take about 3

https://www.dropbox.com/s/olhrs0shwijcdju/wed1.docx?dl=0

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. I would like to receive nothing less than a 5 star rating. If you feel we aren’t there yet please let me know or respond more so we can get the answer you feel is correct. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!

hello did you get the procedure?