Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Are you available? Chevy sonic 2015 Ltz. no I am. No that's…

Customer Question
Hi are you available...

Hi are you available ?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

Chevy sonic 2015 Ltz

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sonic yourself? What have you tried so far?

Hi no I am

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's it

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Chevy
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Hello. 2015 Chevy sonic ltz.
Three weeks ago the water pump was replaced by the dealer. The overflow was replaced a week later. Battery is New and installed four days ago. Was running fine
Friday through Sunday. Monday I got on my car,
And felt a stutter and loss of power not long into drive. Disappeared and drove fine. Later going up a hill, it chucked like it was out of gas, nearly stalled on the hill. Check engine light is on. Drove around town.
Went on freeway.
On slow upgrade car lost power, almost stalled I had to pull off of freeway and it regained power and drive again and drive home. Feels like it's out of gas, full tank. Friday and Saturday night the traction lights did come
On briefly on freeway or near a sharp braking but have not come on since.
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
This car has only been owned for a year and a half, but I drive a lot. It has 104,000 miles. I bought it at 40,000. Now not covered under warranty. I am recruiting a mechanic who can give this car extra special care and attention. It's had issues from the first month.
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Right now I am very concerned as I read the reports from Chevy sonic. I would like to know everything I must look at, in this case, because it seems people have gotten their fuel systems in order and continue to have problems (same/large) months later.
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
It had an oil change one month ago. New battery, new water pump system. It is now stalling on hills,
Stalling or losing power sporadically and the traction lights came on prior.
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I would like to give this information to a mechanical I know their is a lot of issues like this for this car all information helps - will be giving this to a mechanic. The dealership has not provided the best service at all insofar. So o have decided to seek out a close mechanic friend of friend but I am need to know everything that should be looked at, extra carefully. Thank you ! This has been a nightmare for a new purchase !
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Monday and Tuesday there has been a loss of power, and regains, hills has nearly stalled completely. Has stalled a few times. Has been consistent two days loss of power, regains, near stalls, noticeable in hills. Friday -Sunday traction lights did come on near braking and disappeared not coming on now. Doesn't feel safe to drive in
Freeway with stalling. Ok driving slow. Help ! Seems
This issue has been written about online with other
Chevy sonic customers. Want to get this job done right and tell the mechanic everything. Drove Friday through Sunday all day and night, lots of miles on a road trip. Started Monday. Thank you. Look
Forward to hearing anything and all.������������
Answered in 1 day by:
5/31/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Walt-Mod, Moderator replied 22 days ago
Walt-Mod
Walt-Mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Walter, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still need assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel. Thank you!
Walt~Moderator
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Hi yes I am still waiting
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I am getting the reply via text which is nice
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I will see the reply or your reply immediately
Chevy Mechanic: GM Bob, ASE Certified Technician replied 21 days ago
GM Bob
GM Bob, ASE Certified Technician

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. Sorry for the wait.

Can you tell me what engine you have?

Also any codes that are set?

Thank you

Chevy Mechanic: GM Bob, ASE Certified Technician replied 20 days ago

Do you still need help?

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Hi it was the o 2 sensor but this car has had many many issues in the year and a half I bought it. I took it to the dealer. They replaced the o 2 sensor. But it's still feeling like it's not picking up at 22 mph, feels like it's still going at 16. Friend said it could be the timing belt. This has been solved, thank you ! I cancelled the subscription just because o need an answer quick and it will be better to find a human mechanic I can have diagnos in person.
Thanks for trying to use just answer.
I will close this question.