Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My ac on my 2008 chevy suburban wont get cold like it should…

Customer Question
My ac on my...

My ac on my 2008 chevy suburban wont get cold like it should and its full of freon

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

Yesterday it was so full it wouldnt let anymore in so i let it all out and added some fresh freon in and it still dosent get cold enough

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Suburban yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just putting freon in it seems like it should blow harder also but it so deffentlybe colder

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The compressor is working i was thinking that mabey a new filter or somthing

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Chevy
5/29/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need. The Web Site will prompt a phone call , I'll let you know if it's needed.

Have you installed a set of AC gauges and read the low side pressure as well as the high side pressure with the system running and if so can you tell me what your pressures are reading?