Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Staring column lock. 1999 corvette. Ck fuse

Customer Question
Staring column lock Mechanic's...

Staring column lock

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

1999 corvette

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Corvette yourself? What have you tried so far?

Ck fuse

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual yet?

Yes

Submitted: 20 days ago.Category: Chevy
5/29/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 20 days ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today. In some cases, I may need more info to assist better. I apologize for any delay.
I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Are you saying the steering is locked and you cannot unlock it to start the vehicle?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Have you tried turning the steering wheel hard to one side or the other while trying to turn the key to see if it then releases and starts?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician