Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

What type of coolant is needed for a 2010 Chevy Cruze LTZ…

Customer Question
What type of coolant...

What type of coolant is needed for a 2010 Chevy Cruze LTZ Turbo?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles on the car? How has your mileage been lately?

2012*

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cruze yourself? What have you tried so far?

90k miles

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The coolant hose broke and the car started to smoke abundantly and the coolant fluid is gone

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Chevy
5/29/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Dex-Cool

2012 Chevrolet Cruze L4-1.4L Turbo
Fluid Types
Vehicle Engine, Cooling and Exhaust Cooling System Coolant Specifications Fluid Types
FLUID TYPES
ENGINE COOLANT

The cooling system in the vehicle is filled with DEX-COOL engine coolant.

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you
Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Unless you have another question regarding this, at this time, please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE /3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.