Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My passenger door will not open from the inside or outside.

Customer Question
My passenger door will...

My passenger door will not open from the inside or outside

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2001SS

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Chevy?

2001

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, and nothing yet because I do not know where to begin

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Chevy
5/28/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 2 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

First off we need to get the door trim panel off.

Can you do that?

I don't think so because I can not get the door open at all...

It may be best to take the car to a shop for repair. Access to the internal parts inside the door is a must. There is no other way to get the door open.

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my INFO REQUEST / ANSWER in return for the fees you have already paid. I want those fees to benefit you and me. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent 5-star service you're pleased with, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.

Thanks, Chris