Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

It's a Pontiac and the warning light says the monitoring…

Customer Question
It's a Pontiac and...

It's a Pontiac and the warning light says the monitoring system needs to be servc3ede

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

On the dashboard where it tells me how many miles, tire pressure etc

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Pontiac?

2009 GT

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your GT yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I am wondering if it is safe to drive about 100 miles before taking it in on Tuesday

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it thank you

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Chevy
5/27/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 2 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today. In some cases, I may need more info to assist better. I apologize for any delay.
I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

This is most likely the service tire monitor light or message that has come on. I would check all tires and make sure they have the proper tire pressures. If all tires have the proper tire pressures then you may have a faulty tire pressure sensor needing replaced.

If this is not the message you are seeing then there is a fault with one of the displays inside the vehicle. Make sure the engine oil level is o.k. as well as coolant level and make sure the gauges are all reading properly.

If these are all o.k. and all tires are inflated properly and if it runs and drives o.k. still, then you are o.k. to drive to the 100 miles in most cases to then have it looked into and repaired.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above). You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks, Pete