Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 2008 chevy impala is stuck in low gear and the gear shift…

Customer Question
My 2008 chevy impala...

My 2008 chevy impala is stuck in low gear and the gear shift is totally loose, gear shift moves but no gears engage. So now it won't even start because it isn't in park. Can you help?

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

2008 transmision, did not check brake switch

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Impala yourself? What have you tried so far?

We were getting ready to change the oil and this happened when trying to go up the ramp, yes ourselves

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Chevy
5/26/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Gary, Chevy Technician replied 2 months ago
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

can you see if the shift cable popped off the little lever at the drivers side top of the transmission

if so pop it back on with a pair of pliers

either the shift cable popped off or the cable is broken

you can always get me back through here even after you rate me

please do not forget to rate me here at Justanswer

how are you making out ?