Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2004 chevy express 1500 van ac compressor slow leaks. Hoses…

Customer Question
2004 chevy express 1500...

2004 chevy express 1500 van ac compressor slow leaks

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter?

Hoses are original. Long Island driving year round

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Express 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not myself. My mechanic recharged refrigerant last summer and that held, but he tested and found very slight compressor leak

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

How much will system kit rebuild cost?

Mechanic's Assistant: The Expert's answer will cost $10 to $100, depending on the issue type and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive than face-to-face would cost. And you're covered by our 100% satisfaction guarantee.

Okay

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/26/2018
Chevy Mechanic: George H., ASE Certified Technician replied 22 days ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician

Hello I will help,

Which engine do you have?

Do you need the labor cost as well as the parts cost?

Does the mechanic allow you to provide your own parts?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
V6 Want to know parts and labor. Doubt mechanic wants to have me futz around for parts and besides my dead uncle's store is no longer in family.

OK, then what they charge you for parts depends on what you get. Name brand AC Delco will run &00 at the dealer, aftermarket it is closer to $500 and a new aftermarket brand kit that will run for many years is about $200. I have used many of the kits over the years with good result.

Common for the body of the compressor to leak on these.

The labor is about 3 hours. Add in 2 lbs of refrigerant (you do not have rear air right?) and that is another $30. Labor is billed at the shop rate which is $100 or so depending on location.

Please let me know what questions you have

Thanks