Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I've changed the starter tryed starting it up and nothing…

Customer Question
I've changed the starter tryed...
I've changed the starter tryed starting it up and nothing happened switched wires started it n several clicks then sparked then I have sum kind of fluid that's leaking bad on the ground on the front driver side n back passenger side wat could it be
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Chevy
5/26/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Andrew Martin,
 replied 2 months ago
Andrew Martin
Which wires did you switch around?
Three reds n a black
Chevy Mechanic: Andrew Martin,
 replied 2 months ago
On the battery?
On the starter
Chevy Mechanic: Andrew Martin,
 replied 2 months ago
It sounds like you may have blown fuses, check all of them under the hood
The starter is GD the flywheel turns but still won't turn over could it be my battery is no gd
Chevy Mechanic: Andrew Martin,
 replied 2 months ago
It could be yes
I'm goin get new battery now if it still don't start then wat could it be
Chevy Mechanic: Andrew Martin,
 replied 2 months ago
If it tries to start but won’t and it’s cranking fast it could be a lot of things. You’d need to check if it has spark and that it’s getting fuel. To start you should check for trouble codes with a scan tool