Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2003 Express 3500 6.0L fires but won't run. Husband is a…

Customer Question
2003 Express 3500 6.0L...

2003 Express 3500 6.0L fires but won't run

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Express yourself? What have you tried so far?

Husband is a mechanic. Haven't tried anything yet. can hear fuel pump and vehicle fires but won't stay running.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?

It's the original. 121,000 miles.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No but if he can give location of fuel pressure regulator on this beast would appreciate it. Hubby is leaning toward that being the problem. Thanks

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Chevy
5/25/2018
Chevy Mechanic: AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN replied 23 days ago
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN

Hello and welcome!

Thank you for your question. My name isCustomerand I will be happy to assist you today. I am reviewing the details now.

I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Does it crank but not start or does it start but stall out?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
It starts but wont run. It also has no headlights, windows, dome lights or dash lights. All were working well until today. Vehicle hasn't been run for 3 weeks

Thank you for that information.

Have you checked for codes in the computer?

Have you checked the fuses?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Checked the fuses won't have a code reader until tuesday

Got it.

Would you like to wait until Tuesday after you have had a chance to check for codes?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Just can't understand the link between vehicle shutting off and no interior electronics. Radio and heater fan and wipers do work

Are you able to speak on the phone?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Not for $26 thanks. Have a good day

I can send over a phone call offer for as little as $5 bucks if that helps.

Otherwise, we can continue on this page if you prefer.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Continue on this page

Most certainly.

This issue could be a few different things. If all of the fuses are good, one possible cause would be an issue with the Body control module. This would explain the start and stalling condition and the interior electronics. That is why it is a good idea to start by checking for codes in the computer.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Husband is a mechanic and will bring the scan tool home tuesday. Does a 2003 have a BCM?

YES

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Then we'll do that. Thank you and have a good day.

You are most welcome. Let me know

GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician