Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2006 Cobalt SS/SC that I had replaced the clutch.

Customer Question
I have a 2006...

I have a 2006 Cobalt SS/SC that I had replaced the clutch. Now my speedometer isn't working, and after about a 1/4 mile the Power Steering flashes up on the instrument cluster. I have checked the connection on the transmission. Looking for any information. Thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the clutch? Has it been slipping or sticking?

0 miles. I just put it in.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cobalt yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I checked all of the connections that I had removed. Checked a couple of fuses. Everything seems Ok.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of. Thank you.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Chevy
5/25/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 2 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Do you know which PS codes are stored, from a scan tool used?

Do you have a 2.0 or 2.4?

There are no codes stored. I have a 2.0

You may need to try a better scan tool to see why the PS light is on.

The VSS sensor yellow and purple wires go to the PCM on connector 3 pins 44 and 45. Get the vehicle on a rack and back probe these pins monitoring for an AC voltage made while the tires are spinning in the air. This will tell us if the sensor is getting signal to the PCM or not and help to tell us where to look next. Can you do that?

You now will see a rating scale a row of yellow stars from bad to excellent, because I have posted my 1st full/partial answer. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

I have another question for you. I had the battery disconnected for 9 months while I was pulling the transmission out and replacing the clutch, could that time being off the battery caused this problem?

That is something that rarely is done so there is not much for me to go on if that long downtime can cause this. I would say no, it should not be to blame.

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my INFO REQUEST / ANSWER in return for the fees you have already paid. I want those fees to benefit you and me. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent 5-star service you're pleased with, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.

Thanks, Chris