Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

It wont drive when in drive but it will reverse. 2005

Customer Question
It wont drive when...

It wont drive when in drive but it will reverse

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2005 equinox ls awd

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Equinox yourself? What have you tried so far?

And engine light came on and an engine light with and downwards arrow came on, internet says the engine light with the arrow meant reduced power...was told it was the thermostat because the temperature gauge also was up higher than normal. Replaced the temperature gauge. But the car will still not drive.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has your vehicle stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?

No because we cant get to a diagnostic shop. It has not stalled. But now it will vibrate very rough when in reverse as well

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Believing it may be the transmission shifter

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Chevy
5/2/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician replied 24 days ago
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician

If it's vibrating in reverse, and you have no drive, this sounds like a transmission failure, not a shifter problem. Are you able to get an idea of the fluid condition?

GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician