Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I am looking for the cross over information for shocks for…

Customer Question
I am looking for the...
I am looking for the cross over information for shocks for my Chevy express van 2014 1500 AWD. I know the dealer part numbers and Oreilly's part number for the Front and back shocks. there has to be some information somewhere that will tell me which BILLSTEIN shocks will fit my van ((I know it's the B6 serie)) and I know there has to be a crossover and or interchange somewhere (what other GM vehicle has the same wheel base and shocks info
Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Chevy
5/2/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 25 days ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Bilstein says they do not make shocks that fit your vehicle.

I see no reason though that you could not use the 2500 express shocks Part Number: 24-187435 and Part Number: 24-221948

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
NOT sure that 24-187435 is correct (based on the information that I provided and sorted threw from the dealer). I believe the rear number is ***** I'm still hesitant to order the parts -- wandering about the length of the shock and the hole threw which the bolts attached to my van. The link below shows the visual picture of shock purchased from O'reily's and confirmed by locating at the part on the screen at the dealer.https://d354nuoz4t18d4.cloudfront.net/images/15de21c670ae7c3f6f3f1f37029303c9/cd27462bcd7a8ff148a7a673b75373bd.jpg?cb=1525222723Here is the link -- to the shock on Amazon that resembles the Oreilly and Dealer parthttps://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004PACBDU/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004PACBDU/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Chevy Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 24 days ago

I used the info from the Bilstein website.

Here are your front shock specs

Shock Extended Length: 15.07 in. 382.78 mm.

Shock Collapsed Length: 10.44 in. 265.18 mm.

Length of Stroke: 4.63 in 117.6 mm.

Here are your rear shock specs

Shock Extended Length: 22.36 in. 567.94 mm.

Shock Collapsed Length: 13.92 in. 353.57 mm.

Length of Stroke: 8.44 in 214.38 mm.

Since Bilstein does not make your exact front shock for AWD, have you thought of using a different brand shock?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
With the info for the rear *being complete" -- the rears would fit. I believe that I will have to take a chance and see IF the ones that I found "bilstein front will work". I do not want to use another product -- as I will not be happy with them. I tried three different type of shock manufacturer's on my truck -- before settling with BILSTEIN the improvement was blissful. I just thought that someone with more experience in cars and parts -- would be able to complete the research process that I have been working a month. I know that some shocks and cars types and style will interchange. My concern with the Bilstein - W0133-1912836-BIL is just the length (( it appears to be the same shocks as the Monroe Reflex)).

If I can help anymore, let me know.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I want to close this out -- is there a means to confirm the length of the Monroe as compared to the Bilstein information that I provided? I may have to take a chance on the front shocks and as I said the length is the only thing I can not confirm.
Chevy Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 22 days ago

You can look up the length of both of those brands if I know what part number shock you are looking at. The specs for each shock is on there website.

Chevy Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 20 days ago

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician