Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Put in drive and no power but idles fine. Can't get it out…

Customer Question
Put in drive and...

Put in drive and no power but idles fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Can't get it out of drive way no power

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2007 Chevy Aveo it's not showing any codes. When it did it through misfire so changed the plugs wires and ignition coil oh and 02 sensor

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Aveo yourself? What have you tried so far?

All the above and yes. Cleaning egr now

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Chevy
It idles fine in park and nuetral. Can't get it above 1500 rpms in drive with the brake on.
4/4/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician replied 2 months ago
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician

I would check the exhaust back pressure with a gauge made for this purpose. It sounds like you have a restricted exhaust i.e. a plugged catalytic converter.

Please take a moment to rate my answers by clicking on the stars at the top of the page, that's how I get compensated. Let me know if you need anything else.