Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Reverse lights not working. Reverse lights. 2002 avalanche.

Customer Question
Reverse lights not working ...

Reverse lights not working

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Reverse lights

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2002 avalanche

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Avalanche yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have changed the bulbs

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I just need to know what could be the problem

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/3/2018
Chevy Mechanic: GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician replied 22 days ago
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician

Hello there, I am Cam.

I am Licensed technician at a GM dealership with more than 16 years experience. 
Like you, I am a user of this website and as such, any billing questions should be sent to customer service.

I ask that you please provide details and communicate with me so we can make your experience here worth 5 stars! I am around most days but not every minute of every day. If you reply while I am offline, I will respond when I am next online. 

I am reviewing your request and will post in a moment.

These use a common distribution point on the rear, and on yours its the right rear behind the wheel. There is a block there that the lights go into then it splits off to the lights. I suspect you have a wiring issue into that or corrosion that may be causing that. I would test the connector going in, light green wire in reverse. If thats good then its wiring or the block.

if the light green has no power then check the VEH B/U fuse in the fuse block and check under the fuse block for corrosion or mice.

GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician