Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I lost my connection. Where is the plug located for the

Customer Question
wires on my 08 chevy...
I lost my connection. Where is the plug located for the wires on my 08 chevy hhr panel rear hatch?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chevy
4/2/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 4 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

The connectors are behind the trim panel at the top. When you remove the trim panel, you will see the connector and the washer fluid hose(if equipped with rear wiper/washer). You will unplug the connector and disconnect the washer hose and push them back thru the hole they come thru at top of liftgate.

I will try that now. I am doing this with one foot in a cast, so slow and clumbsy. I also need to know the easy way to remove the hydrolic pistons that hold the door up.
trying to do this by phone is not an option. I am hard of hearing to boot. You have been very helpfull

On either end of the support strut is a metal clip. Use a screwdriver to pop them off by prying the end of the metal clip on either side of it outward. Then pull the strut end off the ball it is on. You may need to use a screwdriver to pry it off. You have to support the liftgate when removing them or it will drop on your head

Does the "drop on your head" come from experience or from an understanding of Newton?

HI,

Experience. Thought I could hold it with one hand while removing the strut with the other. Didnt work out so well.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.
Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you